1957 Luftwaffe Bomber Clasp - Gold
The Luftwaffe flying clasps were inaugurated in January of 1941, to recognise the number, as well as type of operational flights a pilot had undertaken. This particular clasp would have been awarded to heavy and medium bombers, as well as dive bombers. This is the Gold class of the clasp, and denotes that the pilot has flown over 100 operational flights.
These clasps are the post-war 1957 version, with the Nazi Swastika having been removed from the clasp.
This metal clasp is finished in gilt, with the central device of the clasp,a winged bomb, in an antique silver. The reverse of the clasp has the correct flat type pin.